Thursday, September 13, 2012

Dan & Michelle's Wedding

I know I haven't blogged in forever. But I was motivated to post after Dan & Michelle's wedding this past weekend. They made my "mommy" dreams come true. They made Sadie a flower girl. She was precious! We have been practicing for months now dropping petals at home. Sadie didn't make it down the aisle at the rehearsal, in fact she hid in the "cry room" and looked out the window the entire night. But when she woke up Saturday morning it was all she could talk about that she was going to drop petals from her basket with "Karen". Kaitlyn was the other flower girl's name but Sadie couldn't
say it very well, it sounded more like Karen. Thanks Megan for embroidering "Flower Girl" on the girls' matching dresses!


                                               


                                                    

Sadie got her hair done with Michelle and all of the bridesmaids Saturday morning and I painted her fingernails to match her hair bows which matched the bridesmaids dresses. When we got to the church Sadie practiced about a 100 times dropping petals and I got to pick them up in high heels up and down the aisle. My legs ached the next day. Sadie started out down the aisle with Kaitlyn and was doing it perfectly. Drop, walk, drop, walk. She made it half way down the aisle and quite loudly stated "Mommy I can't do it" She turned around and headed back to me in the last pew. She watched Kaitlyn continue down the aisle and turned to me and said "where is daddy?" I told her daddy was down front next to Dan. Jeremy was the best man. Sadie decided it wasn't to scary and ran down the aisle to catch up with Kaitlyn. She then continued to drop petals and even stood by Jeremy in the front for a few seconds before asking "where is mommy?" and then ran back up the aisle to sit with me.



 
Did I mention Sadie's didn't have her shoes on? She didn't want to wear them, I think because they were slip ons and kept falling off. That was my fault. I should have known better. So she went down the aisle in her frilly dress socks.

Did I mention we colored and watched DVDs in the "cry room" during the ceremony. I was disappointed to have missed the ceremony but I didn't want to take the chance that there would be any crying in the wedding dvd. I think other parents agreed.




Dan and Michelle's wedding was beautiful! They are such great people and such a great couple. Sadie crashed in the car on the way to pictures and slept through them all. She rested up for the reception and never left the dance floor.


 
 
 
 The reception was a lot of fun! Food was yummy! Sadie didn't want to leave (note the picture of her on the floor). That was taken after I told her we had to go home.

Sadie and I attended their brunch on Sunday at Dan's parents house. She must have worked up quite an appetite, she ate 2 plates of food there.

I can't wait to see the wedding video! I will post pictures of the happy couple when I find my camera. These pics were from my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment