Friday, September 21, 2012

Chicago Quick Trip








                                               








Jeremy Sadie and I drove to Chicago Monday night after he got off work. Jeremy had a job interview on Tuesday. The job was for Cleveland but the interview was in Chicago. We stayed at this trendy boutique hotel we found on Groupon that was a block away from everything! Originally I was to have started my new job all ready so Sadie and I weren't supposed to have gone too. So since we tagged along I remembered my friend Kathy had moved there so I made plans to visit her! She invited us to stay the night on Tuesday night. We walked to the American Girl Doll store Tuesday morning from our hotel and I think  Sadie and I equally loved that store! Sadie drove her itty bitty baby around in the stroller, made baby food in the blender, played with the horses and picked out "baby toys" for her itty bitty baby. I picked out matching pajamas for itty bitty baby and Sadie. We then drove to Kathy's apartment. We walked to a yummy pizza place. Of course we had to get Chicago style pizza. I took pictures of Sadie eating her noodles like Lady and the Tramp style but the sun coming in the windows messed them up. Jeremy got ready for his interview and we all took the train into the city. Jeremy went to his interview. Kathy and I walked to "The Bean" Sadie fell asleep in the stroller. We then walked to Navy Pier. On the way we stopped to get Garret popcorn. OMG was that yummy. It still tastes good stale. Sadie woke up in time to ride the gigantic ferris wheel, carousel, and drive boats at Navy Pier. We met back up with Jeremy and walked to Rick Bayless's restaurant Frontera Grill. There was a 1.5 hour wait on a Tuesday night unless you ate outside. We ate outside! It was cold but the Mexican Mojitas with Rum warmed us up and the plantains with homemade sour cream and homemade cheese were amazing! I forget what talk show daytime  program I was watching that had Rick Bayless on it but as soon as I found out I could go to Chicago with Jeremy I knew we were eating there. We rode the train back to Kathy's place. Thank you Kathy and Meridith for having us and thanks Kathy for showing us around! We headed back home Wednesday early. I told you it was a quick trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment