Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tomato Festival

My co-worker Debbie at Barberton holds an annual tomato festival. They grill out and everyone brings a tomato related dish. I brought chocolate tomato cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and tomato spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. You couldn't really tell there was tomato in them, even though in the spice tomato cupcakes tomato was the main ingredient, they just tasted like a really moist spice cake.

They play tomato games like Hot Tomato and Musical Tomatoes, and they catapult tomatoes with a potato gun. There is a tomato king and queen. Sadie was crowned tomato princess. She picked out a tomato called it an apple and ate it like an apple. I hope Debbie doesn't forget about me next year when I am no longer at Barberton. I invite myself to all of her gatherings so maybe I will just show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment